The Barnard Bulletin was founded in 1901 as a weekly newspaper, and today is “the oldest continuously published voice on a women’s college campus in the United States,” according to its Web site. At the time of its launch, Barnard was one of only a few colleges in the country to print a weekly newspaper. For financial reasons—the Bulletin had to cease publication for a semester in 2002 due to outstanding debts—it switched to a biweekly schedule in 2007. It has also shifted gradually from a traditional newspaper design, printed on newsprint, to a more features-oriented, glossy-paged magazine format. The first 102 years (1901-2002) have been digitized and are available online: http://barnardcollege.newspaperarchive.com/
This collection has no restrictions.
This collection is located on-site
10.5 linear feet (3 document boxes, Box 4-6, folders 1-22)
Bound volumes 1901-1965, 1991 (Top of A shelving unit, C-2)
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish material from the collection must be requested from the Barnard College Archives. The Barnard College Archives approves permission to publish that which it physically owns; the responsibility to secure copyright permission rests with the patron.
Barnard College Archives
19 Lehman Hall
New York, NY 10027